1.05.2011

Hair Dryer Investments


So my hair dryer died while I was up in Ohio for Christmas. When I noticed a spark and a green flame I knew it wasn't good. Luckily my hair didn't catch on fire but I did know that thing had to go. So, I was on the hunt I go for a new hairdryer.

If you're like me, I diffuse or straighten my hair daily unless it's the weekend and I don't feel like washing my hair (don't give me that look...they say it's not good to wash your hair everyday anyway). So, being the savvy bargain shopper I "think" I am I ran up to Target to see what they had. I decided to go with the one around $25. It wasn't the cheapest on the shelf and had great "perks" and I wanted to stick with a brand that I had good luck with before. I bought the Revlon Tourmaline Ionic 1875 Watt Hairdryer, took it home and tried it out. Crap Crap Crap! Everything about it was cheaply made and I felt like the thing was going to take off in flight any second. It was going back!

Revlon Tourmaline Ionic $25

So instead of going with a cheap-o hair dryer which I know would probably last a year at most I decided to run up to Ulta to see what they had. Ulta is like a beauty candy store for women. They have everything you see in a magazine and more. They had at least 20 different hair dryers ranging from $250 to $20. Here were some of my options...

T3 Featherweight Luxe $250

Ulta CHI Red Pro $150

Hot Tools Tourmaline IONIC® Professional $85

I ended up with the Hot Tools dryer. It also came with a nice size diffuser and the best part it was also on SALE! Since I spend at least 30 min on my hair every day. This dryer actually cut my drying time in half. I was amazed!! Fifteen minutes of my life I can have back. The dryer is extremely light so I can straighten my hair with out getting a hand cramp trying to hold that thing up in the air. So if you're in the market for a new hair appliance, I highly recommend spending a little bit more. You definitely get more out of it in the long run!


1 comment:

  1. Good choice. I blow out my hair everyday as well and I have to have a great hair dryer. My last one was a Solano and lasted for almost 3 years. I love Ulta and can get into trouble there with all of the girlie stuff. its heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails