10.25.2010

For the Foodies: NYC

I just got back from spending the weekend in NYC with a few girlfriends. It was a blast! This was the first time back in the Big Apple since college and boy was this trip different. From staying in an amazing apartment in the Upper East Side, to seeing my first show on Broadway, to a club opening in the Meatpacking District. We lived it up SITC style! Carrie Bradshaw would have been jealous... I feel we walked every street and every little corner of Manhattan. I personally fell in love with SoHo. I loved everything about it! Here are a few places we checked out and some recommendations on places to avoid.

Ostera al Doge - Theater District - We went to this place right before our show. It was by far my favorite restaurant in NYC. Tiny little place (make sure to have a reservation). The food was AMAZING and totally authentic including the wait staff. Fabulous!! Made friends with the table next to us who were also locals.




Sal's Little Italy - We were fortunate to stumble onto this place on Friday afternoon when we needed a break from shopping and rest or sore feet. Not only was this place convenient we also find out this was probably the best pizza places in NYC. I mean President G.W. Bush visits them every time he's in town. Now that should say something. The pizza was awesome!!! We made friends with Sal himself. You must try this place for yourself! Right in the heart of Little Italy.




Little Cupcake Bakeshop - Nolita - Yum Yum! This was such a cute little shop and it's was in a great location! I loved Prince Street. It had wonderful shops and cozy little restuarants. I could live in this area!




Craft - Flatiron - Atmosphere was nice but the service was horrible and very expensive. Totally overrated. Save your self the time and money and avoid this one. Only one highlight they did server the dishes in these lovely little copper pots. It is also family style but no one cared to share that with us until we got the food.




The Collective - Meatpacking District - Oh my! How could I forget this place?? We ate here for Brunch before our flight. It was soooo great! It was so eclectic and the area was awesome. I got the Sweet Potato Waffle. Yum-Yum! They even served us our bill in an old library book. Too cute! Highly recommend. Need a reservation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails